Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot open windows application with parameter from the hyperlink

Status
Not open for further replies.

janardan

Programmer
Aug 7, 2002
US
Hi EB,
I am trying to open a windows application from the crystal report hyperlink field. when I just give the exe name it works fine but as i try to give some parameter to that application it gives me the error "Cannot find the file specified."
please help me, its really urgent.
thanks

janardan
MCSD

This is a topic that always baffled me;
I don't believe the hyperlink option in Crystal supports passing Command Line arguments.

My DataLink Viewer can launch any other application and pass command line arguments to it by double-clicking a report section on which you placed a string formula that statically or dynamically results in a string with the following structure:
-------------------------------------------------
'EXE_RUN:Some_progrem.exe:command line arguments'
-------------------------------------------------

I always thought the hyperlink options within Crystal seemed strangely limited. For example, could someone explain why is Crystal treating a hyperlink to another report as an on demand subreport? This means the second report can't have it's own subreports...
That's why I've added to DataLink Viewer the ability of one report launching (and passing parameters to) other fully independent reports.

Cheers,
- Ido CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back