Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot open web page by using IE11 in win 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coronel

IS-IT--Management
Dec 6, 2005
US
Hello folks.
Sometimes when trying to go to a certain web page the address goes to a different web page but sometimes it goes to the right place; I deleted temps files, antivirus was performed, CCleaner was already performed as well dns was flushed, but still the problem, the problem is basically in win 7.

here is the link

Any help will be awesome
Tks.

Since it appears your url is an internal local url, it would seem to me that the issue lies with your DNS server locally. i.e Sometimes the DNS server resolves the local IP address correctly, other times it does not.

The quick fix would be to add the local IP address for kronos-sm server to the Hosts file of the windows 7 machine. However that would simply be treating the symptom rather than fixing the underlying issue.

Check your IP configuration in Windows 7 to make sure you have the correct DNS servers being assigned. If all is correct there, then try running some ping tests to determine how the address is being resolved.

A standard Ping when it loads the correct page, and then a Ping when it does not load the correct page should show different IP addresses being resolved.

If that is the case, and the DNS server settings for the computer are o.k, check your DNS server actually has the correct configuration for the kronos-sm web server. i.e correct IP it can resolve the name to.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Web & Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back