Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot open user default database. logon failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

comtec

Technical User
Oct 19, 2002
CA
cannot open user default database. logon failed
This is what I get trying to logon using enterprise manager.
How do i get back into the SQL server?
I have tried everything( which isn't very much )
I accidentally shut down the main database to do some testing and obviously, something was setup incorrectly.
Please help.

this is what I get from quesry analyzer
server:msg 4064, level 16, state 1
Paul D
dontneednew.com

Paul D
dontneednew.com

Sounds like you don't have provided the correct logon information. Is your sql server setup using NT authentication or SQL Server authentication or both? If NT, did you NT domain password expired and are you connected to the network? If SQL Server authentication, did you type in the correct password? What do you mean by shut down database? Did you stop the service or take database offline?

May depend on what you mean by "shut down the main database".

If you have shutdown the instance of SQLServer, you need to start it.

You may have just somehow disabled the user-database, and this one is the default database for your login. If so, isql will allow you to login with a warning (and you can fix your database or change you logins default database). See isql in help. I dont know why QueryAnalyzer doesnt do the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back