Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Open Public folder in Exchange system Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

digdugmx6

MIS
Jun 13, 2005
US
The clients can access the public folder fine and make posts and add folders, but when Trying to access through ESM we get the following error.

The operation Failed due to an internal server error.
ID no: c1030af2
Exchange system Manager

I haven't been able to locate a fix as of yet.

Any help would be appreciated

Sorry I can't give you a direct link, but I do remember running into a similiar problem. My problem was related to running the IIS lockdown tool in conjuntion with my local domain having a .com suffix. The URL scanner installed with the IIS lockdown tool causes this problem. The fix is to manually edit the urlscan.ini file to allow rather than block com executables to run on the server, but only if your local domain uses .com.

Hope this helps.

The funnny thing is I never ran IIS lockdown on this server. I will probably give it a try and see what it gives me.

In IIS expand the Virtual Server for your Outlook Web Access then right click on the "exadmin" virtual directory. Make sure the path is set to \\backofficestorage or in my case \\.\BackOfficeStorage. Once this was done my error dissapeared.

That setting is already there. Any other ideas? I've gone through almost everythign I can find and still the same message. It's starting to look like a rebuild, but I would like to avoid that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back