Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot open pdf on the browser!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

H2

Programmer
May 17, 2001
HK
Hi all,
I cannot open pdf file on my browser (there is a little 'x' on the left top of the browser), but it works perfectly if I use acrobat reader to open it.
But because of some reasons, I must open it on my browser.

Any ideas?

Thanks
H2

I would check your browser settings since by default adobe will interface(? not sure if that is the best word) with your browser. But then it could be that you are using a non-standard browser? I adobe works fine with IE and netscape, not sure about others though. Also what version are you on and was this a custom or default install of adobe?

Go to your pdf application
Edit
Preferences
Check the 4 boxes under web browser options

Eu só sei que nada sei
Sócrates

I'm having the same problem, did anyone find a solution?

Kimbora's suggestions didn't help (but thanks). Anybody else get any other info?

one way to get to document to open in your browser is to have acrobat running and then open the pdf in the browser.
i have ran into this problem since reader 6 was installed.
i also run acrobat 4 on this machine and have talked to others with this type of configuration and they seem to believe that the combination of the different versions on the same machine are to blame.

knoweldge is power, spread the power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back