Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Open Local Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmignot

Programmer
Jul 16, 2001
US

Hello all,

I am working on BO XI R2. I imported a universe to my local workstation and made several changes. When I attempted to export the universe I received an error stating something like "unable to convert unv to unw", and the export failed. I closed and restarted BO Designer, then attempted to open the updated universe from my local workstation. This time I received the following error:

"You are not authorized to use this document. (FRM 00008)
"Details: The universe could not be found in the CMS."
Possible causes include:
1. The universe may have been deleted from the CMS.
2. You may not have access rights to view the universe.
3. The CMS may be unavailable

The universe that I'm trying to open and export is in the CMS repository and I'm able to import it okay. I'd like to be able to open the universe with my changes so that I can export it to the CMS repository. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get around this error?

Many thanks,
Mark :)

Its fixable, but it's hard to explain here.

Basically, you need to find the universe in the FRS and then replace the UNV with your local copy. Once you do this, you can import and export right away. It will clean up everything.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

Many thanks for your reply Steve.

What is the "FRS" and is there any documentation anywhere that can step me through how to replace the UNV with my local copy? Do I need to be an administrator to do this?

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated...

Mark :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back