Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Open Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyow

Technical User
Nov 26, 2004
US
I have a small database that I have designed, but when I close it and then try to reopen it, nothing happens. I have noticed that the folder that contains the database.mdb also contains a file that looks exactly like the access file except that it has a lock on it and is labeled database.ldb. I have never run across this before. Could someone please tell me what the problem is? Thanks in advance.

There are chances of corruption. Keep a copy of the db away and delete the .ldb file. Then try opening the db.
It is actually Access Lock file produced by windows deleted after closng the db. Some time it won't delete due to corruption, abnormal closing of db etc.

I have tried to delete the locked file and it won't work. Any other suggestions?

did you try to open copy of the db?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back