Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot open file problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichParry

Programmer
Dec 17, 2003
US
Need some help!!

Recently started to experience a problem with one C# project under source control. The project was failing to check files in and out correctly.

When I ran the analyze tool without the -x setting I got:

Cannot open file 'd:\vss_csharp_database\data\b\bvhaaaaa'. Another application has it open. Close that application and run Analyze again. No applications were open that use sourcesafe.

I then ran with the -x setting and got problems with parent links in that c# project. But I was unable to fix these with the Analyze tool because of this 'cannot open file' problem above. Can't run -f with the -x setting problem.

To fix the problem I recovered to the previous sourcesafe backup and all worked OK. But when we tried to add the problem project back into source control we experienced the same problem.

It is like the source control file in the database is locked by the C# project.

Anyone seen this or know a fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back