Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot open file 8009 20481

Status
Not open for further replies.

rollins69

Technical User
Sep 8, 2006
GB
Hi

The above message is caused by the file itself. Pagemaker installation is fine and have tried on several machines with pagemaker. Is there any way to recover these?

Phil.

Which version of PM?
Mac or Win? Which version?

The error message "Cannot open file. 8009:20481" indicates the file is not a Pagemaker file.

More info in the Adobe Support KB: Links to Commonly Referred to Pages in the PageMaker Knowledgebase

Try opening the file in Word or text reader, and search it for the word "Pagemaker". If the word is not found many times and the fonts used are not listed amongst the code, the file is not a PM file. Note that the file may run to hundreds of pages in Word.

If you are certain that it is a PM file, then your best bet is to try to open it using the same computer and application that created it.

LIVERPOOL FC - FA Cup Winners 2006.
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

It is definitely a pagemaker file as I created it. I am using windows in this instance but will be transferring to mac. I have tried everything including the original PC and pagemaker installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back