Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot open DataEnvironment.asa for read/write

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhenley

IS-IT--Management
Aug 25, 2000
US
I'm trying to add a data connection to a SQL DB. Whenever I try to save the Global.asa I get the following error:

Cannot add file 'DataEnvironment.asa' to master web application. Server error: Cannot open file "c:\inetpub\ for read/write.

Oddly, I can see the SQL box in the data view, and I can drag and drop SQL stored proc's to the data environment just fine. But whenever I try to access a page that opens the server object I'm getting error 80070002.

I'm starting to think that maybe my server is jacked (Win 2000 server). I added the InterDev RAD services, and it locked up during the install. I rebooted and re-added the RAD support and it seemed to work fine.

Any ideas? I'm dreading spending my Friday afternoon reloading 2000 server... [sig][/sig]

I'm getting the same error message you've specified, but my pages continued to function normally. Just recently I tried deleting my site's (1) data connection, (2) DataEnvironment folder beneath the Global.asa file, and (3) the DataEnvironment.asa file and its folder within the _private directory. I then exited VI6, reentered and rebuilt the data connection manually. Doing so rebuilt the DataEnvironment.asa file automatically and the problem appears to have been corrected. As I just finished this process minutes ago, I can't quite say that this has fixed the problem, but the error has not reappeared and I'm at heart an optimist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back