Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot modify data in table

Status
Not open for further replies.

cst172

MIS
Jul 15, 2002
US
Hi,

This is my problem. I have an Access program that, when opened, clears a PostgresQL table and repopulates it. I do this by calling a couple of sql pass-through queries. The problem is that it ran the first couple of times, but now the program freezes when I try to execute the queries. In fact I've tried using PgadminII to try and modify the table, but everytime I try it freezes up. I've tried vacuuming the table but that didn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi cst172,

You might try to open the table with psql. Maybe it will give you a clue about what is going on. Try some select command, update, and delete test from psql to see if it works that way. Also, you might try a pg_dump to see if that works or if it tell you anything. I assume your vacuum complete without error but did not correct the problem of postgres or your access app freezing. You might try a VACUUM FULL VERBOSE.

You might check to see if your using transactions. If not, give it a try to see if that helps. If your are, make usre your app end the transaction with a commit or rollback.

LelandJ Leland F. Jackson, CPA
Software - Master (TM)
Nothing Runs Like the Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back