Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot migrate 5.5 to ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirlee

Technical User
Jun 11, 2002
CA
Currently running Exch 5.5 on NT (not part of AD). Built two new 2000 Cluster Servers in new Domain. I have followed the Redbook 'Installing and Managing MS Exchange 2000 Clusters'. Patched the two servers to latest SP's. Ran ADC on our DC and have delegated rights to an id existing in our new domain to run Exchange. From one of the new exchange servers, I've ran the Migration Wizard from MS Exchange (recommended). I can migrate a user over, it appears in the new mail server and when I logon as that newly migrated user, I can see their messages.

Problem: While in the new mailbox, I cannot send email out. I cannot receive email from anyone. If I re-migrate the user, I get all the new messages that have been sent since the last migration.

On the DC, in ADC I setup a Recipient Connection Agreement. Initially it was setup as a 'Two way' replication, however, when I choose 'This is an Inter-Organizational Connection Agreement' and deselect the other two options in the Advanced tab, when I go back to the General tab, my replication direction changes to 'From Exchange to Windows'.

I did not choose to Replicate Now as I didn't want to wreck anything on our AD.

Details of Server information:

Old Site is ABC-DEF, server name is MAIL1
smtp=first.lastname@ABC.org.prov.country
X400= C-CA;a= ;p=ABC;o=ABC-DEF;s=lastname;g=first

New Site is ABC, server name is MAIL2
I changed the smtp to be exact as above
X400 I changed the o=ABC also
(I think this might be wrong)

Question 1: Is this Recipient Connection Agreement correct and should I replicate?

Question 2: Do I need to setup a SMTP Connection on the old 5.5 NT Server?

Question 3: Has anyone performed this type of project before?

Question 4: Do I need to change anything in the SMTP info as shown above.

Our goal is to eventually shutdown the old 5.5 server.

.....be kind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back