Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot login to ePO server from remote console (i could before)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephir0th

Programmer
Dec 19, 2003
AR
hi!!
i have a problem logging into the server from the remote console
i have migrated the server to another one that has a different hostname (bue the same IP). i had to do some nasty stuff with the database (copy it over) because the dbbak utility didn´t work ok at the restore process
the thing is that when i try to connect to the server from the remote consoles i have this message displayed

"Unable to create database account. Be sure that you are logged as a local administrator"

in NAI they recommend binding the database to SQL using cfgnaims, which i have already done and the problem persists. any ideas?? thanks a lot in advance!

HY Sephir, i have a similar Problem. Is your new Server a W2K Domaincontroller?

i solved the issue
what you have to do is change the authentication from winnt to sql. if you don´t have an sql account in msde (because you installed using currently logged on user) access the ePO server with a SQL esrver and log on with domain admin account. then, create a sql account for each user that you want to create in ePO with administrative rights over the ePO database (ePO users). afther this, go to the ePO server and with cfgnaims change the auth, use one of the users created before. hope it helps

As far as i know you can also use the SQL tools to change / create / review any accounts made in the MSDE database without any problems.

That's how i generated a single point of reporting for 3 separate MSDE Epolicy databases running on 3 separate servers.

Could by a tip for some of you guys.

regards,

The "rooie poon"....is never alone

Can you tell me more about this.... what kind of rights did you give your SQL users dbo rights? Is it possible to us NT auth. with a group. I think it is?? if you have more info i'd appreciate it....

I would like to know more about MrBases' single point reporting.

We too have 3 epo servers with 3 seperate MSDE databases.
The only way get single point reporting to my knowledge is use the avidb_merge_tool.exe utility to create a fourth database and report from that.

aparently our DB's are alot slicker than i thought (usually the case) they're just lazy, smart but lazy, fustrating combination.... anyways, they somehow pointed all the epo accounts to one sa account and now we can log in using epo creditials to log into the reports part.. works great...

Last cude on the left, next to the backdoor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back