Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot log in to Call Pilot mailboxes offsite. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missy8s

Vendor
Apr 19, 2011
US
Hey guys,

I just installed a Call Pilot 150 and I can't seem to log in to any mailbox from off site. If I call in to the main company greeting and press **, rather than prompting with "please enter your user ID and password followed by the pound sign", I get about 5 seconds of dead air and then "exiting the system, goodbye".

I should mention that this system had the incorrect language prompts installed.

The software disk I used to update the prompts was version "CP_Utilities 31.10.14.22" but my system version says 31.10.37.22.

I have a feeling this is the issue.

I changed the "Return to AA" feature from N to Y, unfortunately, that didn't seem to work...[sad]

Try pressing ** faster or slowly
Test with a land line and not a cell phone
Change Return to AA then reboot, or reboot then change it.

I doubt language issue.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Thanks you guys!

I will visit this site the morning and try these solutions, I'll contact you from the site if this issue persists....

Good morning,

changing the Return to AA setting to yes and rebooting did allow me to log in to user mailboxes from offsite. I was unable to make the prompt "please enter your user ID and password followed by the pound sign" play.

Unfortunately I had to leave the site to resolve a system crash at another site before I could get back to you.

Any suggestions?

I simply pressed ** while the greeting was playing entered the user ID + password then pressed #, even though the prompt didn't play...

Weird huh?

That was my original line of thought on this issue and why I was pointing to the version of Eng_NA I installed...

Curlycord:

The user guide says "**" user ID + password, then #...

oops
Seems you are right, I don't read the user guides much.

I can now see that on a reference guide with NAM and it did bring back memories.

I had the remote user guide in my head:

I guess the the remote user guide is not for the remote user, lol
Perhaps its meant for people on the same network, I just never knew it.

Either way it should work I would think.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back