Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot link tables in Access 2000 via ODBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkseyesys

Programmer
Aug 29, 2003
US
A co-worker is attempting to link tables from an Oracle database in Access 2000, using the Oracle ODBC driver. Once he selects the datasource, the tables list never appears, and Access seems to hang. He is using client and ODBC versions 9.2. I have versions 9.1 of both, and am able to successfully link tables.

We have compared MDAC versions (same) and the MS ODBC for Oracle driver versions (same). Our settings are the same, both in Access and the ODBC datasource.

We also compared the trace file outputs and noticed something strange. His file mirrors mine as far as it goes, then just stops, while mine continues. It's almost as if there is some limiting factor at work, but we can't find it.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. We are completely stumped at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back