Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Kill SQLServer Backupprocesses after Networker failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BramdeJager

Technical User
Feb 21, 2002
CZ
Hallo Techies around the world, after a failure of Networker backing up a SQLServer 7.0 database, the remaining backup processes are still running. They must be killed in order to start a new backup cycle.
The next message is appearing :

ns2309:MSSQL: nsrsqlsv: MS SQL Server v7.0 reports Backup, CHECKALLOC, bulk copy, SELECT INTO, and file manipulation (such as CREATE FILE) operations on a database must be serialized. Reissue the statement after the current backup, CHECKALLOC, or file manipulation operation is completed.

With SQLServerManager i can see the Backup processes waiting
but i cannot kill them, although it must be possible when i am logged in as the database administrator.
There are no old save processes.

Any suggestions?

Bram de Jager.

On your SQL Server, open taskmanager and check if there is any process instance of "nsrsqlsv.exe" still running. If so, kill it using "kill.exe". Then the backup process in SQL Server should die.

Regards,
StefanS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back