Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot install new updates after BCM.R400.SU.System.007 Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davids38

Technical User
Jan 31, 2008
US
Last night we applied the BCM.R400.SU.System.007 patch to our BCM400. Everything came up just fine, phones work, can still use element manager, but when went to apply the desktop patches, when we selected the file, nothing happens.
It seems to be the case for any of the updates we try now, not just the desktop one.
We rebooted the BCM and the laptop that was connected to the BCM via a cross over cable, but nothing helped. What is going on?
Oh, as part of the System.007 patch, it also had us install the BCM.R400.046-SoftwareManagement 1.0-1.3 update as well.

Did you download the Element Manager again after loading the patch?

NCSS, NCDS, NCTS

This has happened to me also. I bet you can't do a backup, or install new keycodes either. I am currently working with Nortel on this, but there is no resolution.

I did try to download (from the BCM) it to my laptop, but it said I had a current version. So I downloaded and installed the version on the BCM to a PC and it does the same thing.

So I went and checked, I am able to perform a backup.

Did it actually download the backup. It will prepare and package it, but it won't download it.

I'm not sure what you mean by download it. When I go to the restore option, it shows the backup I made as being available.

I am having te same problem as bluemr2, I cannot perform a backup/restore, also I cannot load patches. When I try to load them for a second time, even though I do not see them in the inventory, it says obsolete like it has already been installed. Can bluemr2 post what you find out from Nortel.

I also just noticed that when I try to launch the voicemail system, it does nothing. I click the link, no windows open or anything. :(

Anyone have any new info on this? I just spoke to someone that has the System.07 patch loaded and just tried to load the System.08 and it would not take it. They loaded the 08 on a system with no patches and it went in perfect. Seems to me like there is something the 07 patch does that hoses up the system.

Nortel still has no fix for this. I needed to replace the whole box. Needless to say, I wouldn't load SU7 on anything.

So I ended up upgrading my version of the element manager to the latest version and I am able to do updates, open voicemail, etc.
Sorry to hear others are not so lucky!

Nortel requires you to install the patch then uninstall Element manager then reinstall it from the BCM.

It's only dialtone-VZ

Downloading from the site and reinstalling seemed to work. I can put in the 09 patch now. vztech I wish I would have seen yours because I would have like to just try a re-install to see what happens. Oh well at least it's loaded now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back