Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot install cisco pix des activation key

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper123

Technical User
Jun 21, 2003
RO
Having read the docs I installed the latest software release including pdm. Since I could not use the web interface i applied for a DES activation key. I folowed the instructions and re uploaded the software version. When asked for a new activation key I typed the exact key that was sent to me by cisco. I guess that I had to type the 4 parts of the key on Step 1: Step 2: .... prompts. But it didnt work for me.. Am I doing something wrong ?

Are you typing the key in or copy pasting it?

What steps are you taking to install the key??

The pix is pretty picky about entering new keys. The problems I have had with it were mostly with copy/paste and picking up the trailing spaces. Try typing it in instead of c/p. The individual parts all go in seperatly. Be sure that the serial number of your pix matches what you sent cisco to get the key....

what are the commands to enter the new key?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back