Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot install agent on WinXP SP1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grrrowler

MIS
Mar 12, 2002
US
I'm running into a problem installing the client for SMS 2003 on a workstation. SMS has discovered the resource and assigned it to the site. However, the client won't install. The CCM.log shows me:

---> Warning: no remote client installation or SMS service account found
---> ERROR: Connected to PCNAME registry, but couldn't connect to the \\PCNAME\admin$ share using account''
---> ERROR: Unable to access target machine for request: "PCNAME", machine name: "PCNAME", error code: 1003

What throws me is that the admin$ share is set up with the same rights as every other PC. The error regarding no remote client installation or SMS service account also has me scratching my head since both of those are in place (and have worked for about 200 PCs).

I had this happen on one other PC, a Win2000 box, and was able to install the client by running ccmsetup.exe at the machine. I'd like to figure out what's causing this so that I don't have to run the setup from the PC.

I've seared on the error code 1003 but come up with nothing. One more possibly important piece of information is that this machine was rebuilt and converted from Win2000 to WinXP, and has the same AD computer name.

Does anyone have any insight into what's going on?

Thanks in advance.

- Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back