Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot insert Drawing Control into my windows application

Status
Not open for further replies.

NGordian

Programmer
Apr 25, 2005
DK
Hello

I have a problem adding a drawing control to a windows application I'm building.

I'm using Visual Studio 2005 and I try to add the Visio 2007 drawing control (Microsoft Office Visio 12.0 Drawing Control)

I have added the control to my toolbox without any problems but when I drag it into my form I get the following error:

Failed to create component 'AxHost'. The error message follows:
'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004055): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
at System.Windows.Forms.Design.DocumentDesigner.AxToolboxItem.CreateComponentsCore(IDesignerHost host)
at System.Drawing.Design.ToolboxItem.CreateComponentsCore(IDesignerHost, host, IDictionary defaultValues)
at System.Drawing.Design.ToolboxItem.CreateComponents(IDesignerHost host, IDictionary defaultValues)
at System.Windows.Forms.Design.OleDragDropHandler.CreateTool(ToolboxItem tool, Control parent, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int 32 width, Int32 height, Boolean hasLocation, Boolean hasSize, ToolboxSnapDragDropEventArgs e)'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back