Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot initialise database

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherryp

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2002
AU
Can anyone advise me what prevents this from happening and how we can fix it? I have been advised to initialise the database to stop another problem and now cannot do so.

Let me know the what message do u get when initalizing the database.

Use server admin to Init the database
Or
Open Admin.exe in the ARCserve folder and Init the db one by one.
Username: admin
password: secret
This is the username & password that has to be used in the server admin.. DatabaseBaba...

Via Server Admin attempt to start the database engine and it fails - just goes Engine is starting and then Engine is stopping and Engine is not running.

Via Services "Could not start the ArcServeIT database engine service on server name". Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred.

Gimme your Email address so i will send a copy of blank database over email so you can replace the database...

ARCserve version =??
Database type from the Database manager =??
DatabaseBaba...

This just happen to me yesterday. My DB was corrupt and I deleted the following files in the arcserver DB folder, like arcserve tells you to.

rAAAAAAA.chg
rdm.chk
rdm.chi
The DB engine would not start anymore. I copied these same files from the arcserve db.new folder to the db folder under arcserve. Then I was able to start the engine and initiliaze the db

I uninstalled ArcServe last night and I will reinstall today.
Thanks for your help.

To: databasebaba
Could you send me a blank database please? I am having a similar problem.
<Gimme your Email address so i will send a copy of blank database over email so you can replace the database...>

ARCserve version = 6.61 build 834
Database type from the Database manager = ARCserveIT

Thanks in Advance.
Valerie
valerie.kerr@finance.gov.au

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back