Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot get report to count 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gertNo1

Technical User
Sep 30, 2007
This is my first report in Crystal. I have figured out everything (so far) except how to get Crystal to count.

Here is what the old report looked like:
Code:
Error Description	Analyst	Source	Error Cnt
Action Requested - 	Doris 	RYLAR	        2
Action Requested - 	JoLynn 	Penningtone	1
Action Requested - 	Jose	RYLAR	        2
Action Requested - 	Julie	Penningtone	1
Action Requested - 	Julio 	RYLAR	        1
Action Requested - 	Karen 	Penningtone	1
Action Requested - 	Kay	Penningtone	2
Action Requested - 	LatashiaPenningtone	3
Any ideas on how I get Crystal to show the Error count column?

Thank you

If you want to show 1, 2, 3...

You must create a Running Total that will summarize the ID of the field, type of summary: count, evaluate for each record, reset never.

Then place the running total in the Details section of your report.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Now I can look at you in peace; I don't eat you any more." Franz Kafka, while admiring fish in an aquarium

Before anyone can help, it would be nice to have basic information.

Crystal version (XI, 10, 9, 85, etc)
Database type (oracle, ms sql, etc)

Sample detail records, the relationship and your expected results.

You only specified what you want. Kind of hard to offer a solution without the rest.

-lw

A running total would do the job, but if you're counting everything in a group, it is easier to use Summary.

If you're not already familiar with Crystal's automated totals, see FAQ767-6524.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Thanks Guys but they changed the specs. However, I'm sure I'll see this problem again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back