Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot get php to parse 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

someoneneedshelps

Technical User
Mar 3, 2016
GB
Hi have wampserver installed and says apache is fine on a test and php modules are loaded etc, iis is using port 80 so I'm using 8080 for apache but I just get the php code in the browser and nothing is interpreted, ive searched on here hi and low and cant find an answer so I have to post this.. please help.

thanks in advance.

If you have both Apache and IIS running there may well be some conflict between to two.

I'm not a number, I'm a free man

gandalf458 said:
If you have both Apache and IIS running there may well be some conflict between to two.
If they are on different ports there will not be any 'conflicts'

but I just get the php code in the browser and nothing is interpreted

Which means that the IIS does not have the appropriate modules installed or configured for passing PHP code to the interpreter.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

xampp easily works in parallel to IIS with changed port. Wamp should do, too.
You changed the apache config (httpd.conf) from [tt]Listen 80[/tt] to [tt]Listen 8080[/tt]? Don't forget to restart apache

All these conf and ini files are read at startup, they are not live config! That's also valid for php.ini
Also, do you call your php scripts correctly? Are you using URI Do you put your php files into webroot?

Sorry, if you're not that new to this and don't make these mistakes, but all of this has to be done to make it work.

Bye, Olaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back