Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot get DSN name after SPa

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrism1

MIS
Sep 9, 2002
US

Just installed 7.6.100a and anybody who is using PWE is getting `an error occurred while getting the dsn name'. I've already checked macdsn.dll and macconfig2.dll for size and data. Also replaced macdsn.dll with file sent from Macola. Also checked security/permissions issues.

Running on PSQL 2000 with 98,xp,2000 clients.

I'm stumped.

Thanks

When you say you have alrady checked these files, what are their dates, sizes and locations? Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
251-621-8972
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

macdsn.dll 72k 5/29/2002
macconfig2.dll 180k 5/29/2002

I referred to doc ID 91.552.887 from Macola's website. Thats what triggered my request for another macdsn.dll.

I also grabbed another macconfig2.dll -- didn't work...just fishin.

More info:

macdsn.dll is located on server drive m:\macola7

macconfig2.dll local drive c:\program files\common\macola

Do you have any subdirectories in your Macola root directory that start with "data", other than your actual data directories? If so get rid of them. This definately will mess up PWE and cause this error. Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
251-621-8972
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

No subdirectories that start with data except actual data directories.

Where is the program getting the dsn names?

Can I try reapplying the service pack?

Thanks

What operating system is your server on which Progression resides running?
What protocol(s) is the server using to connect to the clients?

Kirk

Problem solved.

After a second macdsn.dll file from Macola we cleared this error.

Thanks for all the input.

Chris,

What is the date and size of this file? Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
251-621-8972
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

From the archives: I am having this problem for some users not all in 7.6.200 & 300 at one site. I think it is network permissions, but if chrism1 still visits, I am interested in the macdsn.dll date/time stamp as well. I got 2 from macola today that didn't help, in fact created more problems in pwe so we couldn't even log in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back