Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot get an OCX to load in IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowline

Programmer
Aug 7, 2001
US
I am dealing with a 3rd party app that allows you to create new "modules" within it. The application will start up an instance of IE within itself, and you can build different pages to do your bidding.

To keep the look and feel of the app, I ended up going with a user control. It works like a champ on my machine that I developed it on and another machine here (of course). When I put it out to the client for testing, they are not able to run it. I just get the little empty black box showing that it could not load it.

Here is the code for my page (pretty darn simple):
Code:
<HTML>
<head>
	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="../main/navstyle.css"/>
</head>

<BODY>
	<OBJECT classid="clsid:D2C30057-C895-4D26-9598-0C1A135A6272">
</OBJECT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

I have access to one of their Citrix boxes, so I checked to make sure that the OCX was registered correctly and that the classid in the registry matched what I was calling. Beyond there, I am at a loss.

I am only a Power User on that box (attempting to be a Local Admin) - and the network guy has the "Security" tab in IE locked down. The only thing that I can think of is that he has disabled IE's ability to run OCXs.

I am kind of grasping at straws and will probably have a small window of time as an Admin on this box to check out other options - so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
bowline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back