Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot get 2 btreive apps to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hello. I cannot seem to get 2 applications (both using Btreive dbs) to co-exist on the same machine. If I open one app, it breaks the other and vice versa. I must re-install every time I want to use a btreive app. :(

Can anyone help me get the 2 apps running at the same time? Is it possible? I am not sure how to tell what versions of Btreive I am using.

Any help would be so appreciated!

Debra-

I had a conflict with Macola and Dun & Bradstreet software. Each of them had a different btr.ini file and they were stepping all over each other. I ended up keeping 2 copies of the btr.ini file and making a batch file that read the appropriate btr.ini file, then loaded the application.

Try going down that path and let me know what you find out.

Software Support for Sage Mas90, Macola, Crystal Reports, Goldmine and MS Office

So what error do you get on your applications? I run several btrieve applications at one time with no problems. Gil

Great news. Turns out that dgillz was right! Thank you so much!! The 2 individual btr.ini files were wiping each other out! We went ahead and created a batch file that calls the appropriate btr.ini and voila - everything is perfect. THANKS THANKS THANKS!!!

Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back