Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot get 123 or wordpro to work with XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ross607

Technical User
Feb 21, 2002
GB

Help!

Have a major problem with a laptop which is connected to my network. Its running Windows xp and has lotus smartsuite 97 installed. All programs run fine when connected to the network, however, when it is disconnected and run as a stand alone lotus wordpro and 123 will not run - as soon as I try and open them I get a microsoft message saying sorry this program is not responding and will have to be shut down. For some reason freelance still continues to work when it is disconnected from the network... this only happens in 123 and wordpro. I have tried re-installing both applications and running the xp program compatibility wizard...none of the setting I tried on there made any differece.

I have tried looking everywhere on microsoft and the Lotus sites but can find nothing of any use - I'm desperate! - anyone got any ideas??

Ross

SmartSuite 9.7 is supported on Windows XP. The older SS97 was not ever intended to run on W2000 or XP, so you are not likely to find any solutions to the problem.

Sue Sloan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back