Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Find Project or Library error 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamP

Programmer
Feb 12, 2002
US
I created an access file for an end user that has one form with a few command buttons on it. Each on of the On click events for these command buttons do not work when I put the file on the end user's machine, all though they work fine on mine. The error he gets when a command button is clicked is "Cannot find project or library." Any ideas?

It sounds like you have a Library Reference disparity between your system and the other persons. Go to the design mode of your form and do View / Code. When you are in the VB screen, go to Tool / References. Check to see if one of the references has a "Missing" statement in front of it. This means the users Desktop does not have the libraries you are attempting to reference from your Access app. This can be resolved by installing the application that typically provides those libraries (eg: If you are attempting to Launch Crystal Reports, the application must be present)

AdamP,

This might help, might not. Go to Tools then Macro then Visual Basic Editor. In the Visual Basic Editor go to the Tools menu and choose References. Look at the checked boxes and see if there is the word MISSING in front of any of them. That should tell you which library is missing. Then go back to your computer, find the library file and copy it to the user's pc. Once you find which library it is, if you have trouble finding the file, let us know.

I had this problem when I had one version of a library file on my pc and a different version on the user's pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back