Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot find pbvm105.dll message when started from client PC 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

furei1976

Programmer
Aug 1, 2011
US
Hi All,

I experienced an error message "cannot find pbvm105.dll" when I tried to deploy an app on a client PC. I thought that it can be fix by installing the PB Runtime Packager (PBCLTRT105.msi), but I was wrong. The dlls are already on the directory C:\Program Files\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder.
I looked into the Client's Environment Variables, but it is all grayed out. I think that this is the issue, the path is not set up on the PATH environment variable.
I know this is like a user access right issue and I am not sure yet (thought I already told the User to contact the Helpdesk) if my client's helpdesk will allow the User to have the PB Runtime Packager installed on the User's machine using an admin account.
Just in case the Helpdesk I mentioned did not help, are there any other options? Please help if you encountered and resolved this kind of problem.

Thanks in advance,
furei

Thanks, Matt! That's what I did and I also tried putting all the needed dlls in the system32 folder and it also worked.
No more problems for now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back