Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Find Operating System!!! 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sperls

Technical User
Jun 16, 2002
US
I Boot my Computer....All I Get is a Black Screen & The Message "cannot find operating system"..Every time I press a key,the message repeats itself....can I get it back,or do I have to re-load W/98????....Thanks for any Help....

If you have noy done any changes to your HDD as wullie asked thin you might regain the use of the HDD by booting up with your Microsoft Boot Disk and go to Fdisk And make your primary Dos C:/ Drive active , sometimes this works sometimes it wont

If all else fails, re-install OS95/98 from cabs, using boot diskette. WIll not lose data, although...may have to re-install devices.

Make sure there isn't a diskette in your disk drive.

This is the most embarassing error - the computer on boot up will try to boot from a floppy - and if you have a work disk in there, you won't boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back