Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Find Operating System!!!Pt.2...Device Driver OEMCD001 Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

sperls

Technical User
Jun 16, 2002
US
....I Tried to re-boot,...It asks to press key 1 to setup with cd-rom....up comes.."Cannot locate divice Driver"OEMCD001....This is Sony Laptop & I am using a Backpack cd..The system will not re-boot!!!...I have added no new hardware to the system....I did leave it on all night,woke up & the system was dark....Thanks in advance.......Steve

Sounds like the boot disk that you have is faulty, if you do a search via google for win98 boot disk you should be able to download a new one. Alternativly check your BIOS to see if you can boot from your CD drive. If so set that to the first boot device and then restart the computer with the win98 cd in the machine.

Take all of the diskettes and CD's out of the appropriate drives. You can't boot from a standard win9 boot disk to a backpack CD ROM anyway.

Here are some possible fixes:

1) You may have a windows 98 CD in the CD drive, and it's trying to install.
2) You may have a Win98 boot diskette int he disk drive
3) the error that no OEMCD can be found means that a setup diskette or win98 CD is trying to install - and a standard IDE CDROM cannot be found. Therefore, remove all disks and CDs from your system.

Let me know if that doens't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back