Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot find field\expmemo in Paradox 10 runtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperG

Programmer
Mar 24, 2000
CA
I have a memo editing field in my Paradox 10 application. When I distribute it with Paradox 10 Runtime it says it cannot find it.

The cfg file has the correct path for PDXExperts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Glenn

Glenn,

The IDAPI.CFG (or BDE.CFG) file on your development machine contains an alias called PDXExperts, which I suspect points to the Experts directory below your Paradox directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\Corel\WPO2002\Paradox\Experts\). This alias has not been defined on your target machine.

Your application needs to add this as an alias before using the item in that directory. You can do this in several ways, but I prefer to use start-up code that defines project (temporary) aliases for my applications. This prevents me from having to fiddle with the end-user's .CFG and also makes certain that my application's needs are met.

Use something like this:

Code:
const
   k_ANAME = "pdxExperts"
endConst

if getAliasPath( k_ANAME ) = "" then
      addProjectAlias( k_ANAME, "Standard", expertsDir() )
   endIf

If you choose to add a permanent alias, I'd consider creating a utility script that uses similar code, but replaces AddProjectAlias() with addAlias().

Hope this helps...

-- Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back