Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot find db in backup step of maintenance plan - backup fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBugSlayer

Programmer
Sep 22, 2002
US
Good day all.

I am looking at the history of a weekly maintenance plan where one step consistently fails. An attempt is being made at backing up a database that no longer exist. The Back Up Database Task edit window specific databases are selected and this one database is not a part of it as it no longer exists- apparently deleted by someone. However, the text of the Backup Database task as it shows in the SSIS chart lists the missing database. Maybe there is now a way to see the text of the job step? As far as I know the model database does not show it. How do I remove this non-existent database from the maintenance plan.

Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving!

MCP SQL Server 2000, MCTS SQL Server 2005, MCTS SQL Server 2008 (DBD, DBA)

If there is no obvious way to remove it, you may have to just ditch the old maintenance task, and create a brand new one. I don't usually use maintenance plans, so I don't know if that lines you up for a lot of work.

Thanks [don't know how to call you]. I already recreated the back database task. Still the same error. The plan complete but I get that error message. I am going to do the same with the backup log task and see what happens. If it doesn't fix it I have no problem rewriting the whole thing. Now that I am the only dev allow to make these changes it should be a little easier to track them.

MCP SQL Server 2000, MCTS SQL Server 2005, MCTS SQL Server 2008 (DBD, DBA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back