Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot export in Paradox 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

akstech

IS-IT--Management
Nov 11, 2002
US
I have a user who cannot export in Paradox 11, whenever he tries to export he gets the following error. "You have tried to use an unassigned variable, A variable must be assigned a value before you can use it.>> An error was triggered in a create operation. >> Invalid file name."
If I log in to the same maching the export works fine for me, we both have the same access rights. The machine is running XP sp2.
Thanks

Under what account was Paradox installed? If not Administrator (for all users, in other words), you may need to reinstall.

Access rights don't matter if Paradox was installed under your account; it may be just fine for you and no one else for some operations and the rest work fine for everyone.

And check back on cnews; if this is a know issue, Bertil will point you to registry entries to 'fix'. (I get a tickle at the back of my brain on this, but no pointers - sorry)

Tony McGuire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back