Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Edit Text in PowerPoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squrl79

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2002
US
I have been having the following problem with microsoft powerpoint.

I have been trying to edit the text in a single slide. the slide was pre-made and sent by another company. I have tried to just double click and type in the text box. and when i do that it gives me some crazy message about the server programs. We are running this software from a standalone computer. So i can't understand why it has an error message concerning a server but i cannot seem to get anywhere with this problem i have tried to repair an office installation. but that did not work either.
I thank all of you for your help in advance.

What version of PP are you using? I ask because this problem is intriguing. If its 97 or 2000, could you send me the slide (if there is nothing "secret" in it), and I will take look.

hasitbakhda@yahoo.co.uk

In the mean time, could you also state the exact error you get when trying to edit the slide.

The original author may have linked the text. Click Edit, Links and break the link.

[bigglasses] Neil Berryman
IT Trainer
neil_berryman@btopenworld.com

Squrl79: I have sent you an email with the fixed slide. This is the email I sent:

"The reason you are getting the error is because the picture is actually imported from another application. It looks like it could be a Visio file.

In any case, I right clicked on the picture and converted the file to a Microsoft Picture file. I was able to edit the picture after that. (You will see my annotation as "Testing 1 2 3"

Note that by converting the picture to a Microsoft editable file, you may lose the picture quality itself, although the conversion trys to maintain as accurate a resemblance to the original as possible."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back