Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot edit text in .ai provided me by logo company

Status
Not open for further replies.

roacha

Technical User
May 21, 2008
US
Hey guys,

I had a company create my logo and they sent me the original .ai file. I want to keep the same fonts as the original logo and create a new slogan for business cards. I have two questions, please help..

1) How can I tell what the exact font is that they are using in the existing logo? They sent me three new fonts to add to my computer to display things correctly. I think they have some fonts outlining others,etc.

2) Am I able to just open the logo and remove the image and then edit the text in the font and just change the letters? This should keep the font the same but I have not been able to figure out how to edit the text. When I choose the text box it just lets me create new text and not edit the existing.

Thanks for any help!

if it's converted to curves/outlines, then you won't be able to change the wording. As far as ID-ing a font; go to whatthefont.com
-E

'There is no LEASH LAW for the IMAGINATION!'
myspace.com/erixworx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back