Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CANNOT EDIT TEXT BY DOUBLE CLICK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adesigner

Technical User
Jun 4, 2003
US
I CANT EDIT TEXT WITH A DOUBLE CLICK OF THE MOUSE, I'VE BEEN ABLE TO DO SO UP UNTIL TODAY. ALSO, WHEN I LOOK AT WHICH LAYER IS ACTIVE AND SELECT WHATEVER I FEEL ON THE SCREEN THAT IS THE LAYER IT APPEARS TO BE EXCEPT FOR IN THE PROPERTIES SCREEN IT IS ASSIGNED THE RIGHT LAYER AND BYLAYER. HOW DO I FIX THIS AND WHAT DID I DO SO I CAN AVOID THIS IN THE FUTURE?

Set PICKFIRST to 1.

If that doesn't take care of it, check DBLCLKEDIT setting.

Just in case CarlAK's suggestion didnt do what you were seeking even though I am sure his suggestion is correct, you can try the system variable MTEXTED

MTEXTED
Sets the primary and secondary text editors to use for multiline text objects. The default setting is Internal, which calls the internal MTEXT editor.

**if this inadvertently set to none, double clicking on mtext what do anyhthing.

type the command, MTEXTED and enter the word Internal and hit enter.

hopefully this was what you were after

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back