Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot edit text anymore !

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasminka

Vendor
Feb 20, 2001
GB
Hi!
I created a png-file in Fireworks and somehow when I opened it again I wasn't able to edit parts of the text anymore. Some parts open up in the text-editor if I double-click them, but some I cannot select. They seem to have become a graphic, or part of the background??
Can anyone help me with this problem?
Cheers!
jasminka

You may have changed your text to a bitmap or 'converted to paths'. This can happen when you attempt to apply certain effects to a text object - but you should have been presented with a warning dialogue box, telling you that the text would lose its editability.

The other possibility is that you have locked the layer containing the text, making selection and editing imossible. Go to you layers palette and find the text object there. When you find it, check the parent layer (the layer it is on) to see if it is locked (little padlock icon next to it. If it is click on this icon to unlock the layer and then attempt to select your text.

Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back