Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot edit 2003 table (mdw) when moved to a network folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcranford

MIS
May 18, 2000
US
My user is getting the "you do not have the permissions" error after he creates the mdw security on the network folder. The database opens fine but he cannot edit. He had originally created this database on his "personal" network share and everything works. I then had him copy the files to the new network folder and I applied the network permissions. He can no longer edit. I seem to remember some old talk about network permissions not being stronger than the database permissions so I temporarily removed all network security with the exception of those with Full Control and that did not help. Any ideas anyone?

So if I have it right, you moved the MDW and the security quit working... Sounds like you did not join the workgroup in the new location.

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, we created a new database on the network folder then created the security workgroup and had the same problem. I was able to create a shortcut using the wrkgrp parameter in the target and pointed that parameter to the mdw on the network folder. My user was going to My Computer, then clicking on the network folder, then clicking on the database. I had to put this new shortcut in that folder and told him to click on that from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back