Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot download a activex component

Status
Not open for further replies.

leshunter

Technical User
Aug 14, 2000
GB
www.3cms.co.uk
When calling a report using the ActiveX Viewer, the client is not prompted to download the control and reports cannot be viewed. <br><br>

Which version of Crystal Report do you have, I had the same problem with Crystal Report 8.5 because there is a dll wich is not installed on the server when you install Entreprise. The dll is craxdrt.dll which is installed only when you install Crytal Report designer.
So in my case I copied this dll manualy on the server and I registered it.
This dll is used in the asp files to create the application object.
Hope it helps

Gilles

Im running crystal8.5 and i checked for the dll and it seems to be there i even tried uninstalling it then reinstalling it nothing had changed.

Thanks

Craig

I have faced the same problem myself.

What I did then was to place the axviewer.cab file (in case of Crystal reports 8.5) in the same directory as the asp pages and it worked.

I think that should solve the problem.

Also when the axviewer is getting installed we are prompted with 3 questions and it takes quite a long time for the same

all the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back