Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot dial 11 digits over SIP trunk 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlycord

Programmer
Sep 22, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I am getting a fast busy at the end when I need to dial 11 digit numbers (1 before the number)
10 digit local numbers OK
11 digit 844 number Fast Busy
Works fine on Polycom 670i so not a carrier issue

BCM50 rls 6
Desktop 005
System 021

Setup:
Public SIP carrier

Routes
Dest code 94 - use Route 004 - Absorb 0
004 BlocA Public(unkown)

Dialing Plan/Public
DNPrefix/DNLenght
1/11 Default 13
941/13 <---I added this for kicks but no go)

I have also tried:
1/13
Default/10

SIP Trunking
Routing Table
Destination Digits 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 (I have also tried 94 but again only 10 digit dialing works)
Outbound Called characters to absorb = 2 (this will strip the 94)

Actually I have tried a lot of things and I am about 40 hours into this issue and still stumped.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

If 94 is used as your Destination Code to simply direct the call to sue the Route as you listed here:

Dest code 94 - use Route 004 - Absorb 0

The 94 is NOT being absorbed and is passed as part of the number you are dialing. Try Absorb All in the Destination Codes\Routing settings. This will ONLY absorb the 94 but allow everything else to pass through.
The goal of 94 is to simply point the call to the SIP Trunk Route 004 and doesn't need to be a part of the dialing string.

Stocking Distributor for E-Metrotel

94 was being absorbed but by the second absorb option: Outbound Called characters to absorb = 2 (this will strip the 94)
I did try as you suggested by Absorb to ALL and above back to 0 (default) but fast busy

This has gotten worse.

My test DID is gone and now my business line has been ported and now I cant dial out period except with the Polycom.

Here is the providers reply:
I see you trying but getting refused by a 604, verify your proxy and outbound CID

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Just curious...Have you checked the registration status in Telephony Resources\IP Trunks\SIP Authentication? Have you built the Remote Account that will allow the SIP Trunk to register?

Stocking Distributor for E-Metrotel

I am using Public/Accounts (its 6.0), Remote is only under the Private Tab....although tried that but same issue.

I can get the registration both ways.

Here is Dial Plan:

DialingPlan-Public.png

DialingPlan-Routing.png

[highlight #8AE234]
If I do SIP/Public:[/highlight]

Public-Global.png

Public-AccountSetup.png

Public-Accounts-User.png

Public-Accounts-Basic.png

Public-Accounts-Advanced.png

Public-Routing.png

[highlight #FCAF3E]
or if I do it Private:[/highlight]

Private-Authentication.png

Private-Proxy.png

Private-RoutingTable.png

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I forgot to share my routing in case needed.

DialingPlan/PublicNetwork/PublicDNlenghts
Default = 13

DialingPlan/Routing
Route 004 - BlocA - Public
Dest code 94 - Absorb = 0

SIPtrunks/RoutingTable
Destination digits 94

SIPtrunks/Accounts/Advanced
Outbound Called characters to absorb = 2

On the monitor it will show 9418XX-XXX-XXXX being dialed.
RoutingTable Destination Digits should be the same as the Routing Dest code, 94 tells which SIP account to use.
Routing absorbs nothing and why you see it in monitor but RoutingTable absorbs 2 in the background.
DialingPlan/Prefix Default to 13. -----10 for the local 10 digit number (XXX-XXX-XXXX), 1 for LD or 800 (1) , and 2 for the Destination code (94) because we said Absorb = 0

I see a few people do RoutingTable Destination Digits 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 but the problem with that is all digits are used up therefore you cant use any other SIP accounts or H323 trunks (routing conflict).

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back