Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot detect any hard disks when reformatting and repplying OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

flygirl

IS-IT--Management
Jul 19, 2001
US
So Nimda hit us hard. I need to rebuild this server (Dell PowerEdge 6350) as WINNT 4.0 server. It is configured RAID5, I have fdisked to make new clean partitions, I then go to install NT server....the Adaptec SCSI controller is found, then no hard srives are found. The message says something about using a manufacturer install or setup/diagnostic disk utility. It tells me to check that any hard drives are turned on and/or are properly connected.

I have run a disk manager and filled the drive with zeros, to no avail on the advice of the drive manufacturer. Still I get the same message and cannot procede with the rebuild.

Does anyone have any advice on what is causing this? Do I need to reinstall the PERC drivers and re-setup RAID or something....

Thanks for the help!
Flygirl

Maybe you need to manually install the drivers for the SCSI adaptor prior to NT installation. As I recall, once the system has just started to read your installation CD, you need to hit <F6> to invoke the manual driver installation.

Good luck.

ROGER - GØAOZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back