Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Delete Mail in inbox 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfgu

IS-IT--Management
Oct 25, 2001
US
Hi, a few weeks ago I took down the information store to defrag it. It was just about at 16 gigs. I defraged it and now it's 9 gigs.
Here's my problem, I have a few people that have 1 email in their box that they cannot delete. It says that the item cannot be found. Everyone that has that problem, that email seems to be right when i took down the information store. I think it got stuck or was in transit to the email box while i was taking down the information store.

Even as admin, I cannot delete that email. What should I do?

Thanks
Zhiyu

Right click inbox and mark all as read. It is cheating but it works.

It marks it all as read, but the email is still there...
The only way that I found around it so far was to backup the email.. delete the account.. re-create it, then import it back..
any other suggestions?

If I were you, I'd take the private store offline at the weekend or late one night, and run ISINTEG against it. You can run it in report mode first, before running it in fix mode. The alltests switch should indicate if you have any problems and where, then you could be more specific about which tests you ran in fix mode. Make sure you have a good backup before you start, just in case the worst happens.

You sometimes have to run ISINTEG more than once against a store to clear all the errors - just keep repeating the run until the report says everything is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back