Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Delete Emails

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 11, 2001
GB
My inbox and outbox has become clogged up and now totals 25,782. I have managed to delete a few thousand emails but it is ver very slow. My trash can has about 8000 but i cannot seem to delete these at all. Is there a way i can just delete all trash????????

Thanks in Advance.

Usually right-click on the Trash folder and choose "Empty Trash". Are you saying this doesn't work? It would take GW a couple of minutes to empty that many messages, so don't be disturbed by the fact that the icon doesn't change immediately.

Hope this helps.

You could always try EXPIRE/DELETE in Groupwise Utilities you can delete a massive amount of messages that way....I had a user that had about that many messages....that is how I solved my problem. It was a lot faster and less taxing on my MTA/POA Tamra Graver --CNA
It is my job to comfort the disturbed
and disturb the comfortable..........

It sounds as if you had a vacation rule applied that created a loop. I have seen this a few times. I have tried deleting these items also and it is painfully slow. Besides being slow, it puts a strain on the server's utilization. What I have to do was abandon the mailbox and create a new one for the user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back