Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Delete Call Pilot Faxes from Oultook 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

answers123

Technical User
May 2, 2008
US
I have an IMAP account setup in Outlook for my Call Pilot faxes, receiving the faxes works fine. When I delete a fax, Outlook just puts an line through it, it doesn't delete it from the Call Pilot system and I have to dial into the CP mailbox every so often to manually delete the "already deleted" faxes.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

You can set the mailbox class of service to auto delete fax messages after 1 day (or however many days you need). You can also set you message forwarding rule to automatically delete the original message after forwarding. However, if you are forwarding voice messages with the rule, it will delete them also.

I already have a rule in Outlook to forward the faxes and then delete them. This is when it puts a line through them. If I call into the CP system it sees those messages as still there.

I will look at the cls for auto-deleting.

How do I set up the mailbox to auto-delete?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back