Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot cut from Word and Paste in Wordperfect 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkeduhsd

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2002
US
When I try to copy/cut from MS Word 2002 and paste in WordPerfect 9 I get this error: "Input file is not the format specified." This is happening to all of my users. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

JK

Could you please be a little more specific? Are you cutting and pasting simple text, graphics, tables, or some combination of these (or others)?

In the mean time, instead of clicking on the paste button, try clicking on Edit|PasteSpecial and experimenting with the options shown there. I have found that to be a way to avoid a lot of grief when pasting from other products. BlackburnKL

I am just coping plain text. When I used the paste special it would not paste if I choose rich text format. It would paste if I chose Microsoft Word, however it doesn't let me edit that text. The work around I have been using is to copy from Word, paste into WordPad, coping from WordPad, paste into WordPerfect.

JK

Under Paste Special, is there an Unformatted Text option? Usually there is. For my purposes, I use that option more than any other because it doesn't attempt to give me all of the formatting stuff with it (the font size, paragraph style, etc., etc.). Go into reveal code some time and look at all of the stuff that Rich Text Format brings in. It's great if that's what you intended, but when I'm cutting and pasting text, I generally simply want to move the text, not all of the rest of that.

If you paste it as Microsoft Word Document, it brings it in as a user box with an embedded Microsoft Word object. It gets treated in much the same way a graphic would be. You can edit the text you bring over, but you have to double-click on it. It then opens up a small Microsoft Word window to allow you to edit it. It doesn't however, just become part of the text in your document with that option. BlackburnKL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back