Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot create mirrored drive with 2000 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhope

Technical User
Jun 22, 2001
US
I have followed the direction given in help on how to create a mirrored drive. When I right click on the dynamic drive and select create, all the choices are grayed out, so i cannot select the choice to create a mirrored drive.

I have a dell 1400 sc server with two scsi drives. I was told by dell before i purchased it that I could create a raid array using the 2000 server software. I want to be able to mirror my c: drive to the d: drive so the data will be protected. Now, when I contact dell for help, they tell me they do not support the software raid array, only hardware.

There is a settings button on the top taskbar in that screen and there is an option in there to make a mirrored drive.

Have you selected both volumes, select your D, right click on it and select create volume, next choose mirrored volume. You have to have two dynamic disk for this to work.
ie. your c must be dynamic as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back