Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

atlantisburn

Technical User
Jan 4, 2004
US
I recently installed a HTML and web hosting software. Ever since I've been unable to connect to internet. under ipconfig everything is zero. I've tried a few recovery programs but to no avial. I am attached to router and all other cpus work. So it is def something between router and w200 server OS.
The Network News Transport (NNTP) service terminated with the following
error: The system cannot find the file specified.

The Simple mail Transport Protocol (SMTP) service with the following
errors: Not enough resources are available to complete this operation.

The FTP Publishing service terminated with the following
errors: The specified module could not be found.

Your computer was unable to automatically configure the IP parameters for the network.

Any thoughts. thanks.

Sorry, a little new to networking and w2000. Could you point me in the right direction for assigning. Thanks lots.

As mentioned before could someone point me in the right direction for assigning.

ipconfig shows:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix is not showing anything, not even 0's.

I do get what seems to be correct numbers under the rest in ipconfig.

When i try to release i get error " No adapters bound to TCP/IP are enabled for DHCP.

if this can help troubleshooting.

It seems I reply and it doesn't show up for a day or so.

Under ipconfig /release "No adapters bound to tcp/ip are enabled for dhcp".

No adapters bound to tcp/ip are enabled for dhcp".

..means that your machine is not configured to obtain an IP address automatically from a DHCP server. It must have been configured with a static IP address at some point.

If you no longer know what this address should be configured as, run "IPConfig /all" on another PC (that works) then copy the output into this thread.

go to start control pannel network connections right mouse click and go to properties. look for Internet Protocol (tcpip) click on properties make sure it is set up to obtain or if not set up the static ip.

hope this helps to point you in the right direction.

Benz

A little confusing but problem was fixed by deleting spyware. There were items listed I didn't feel comfortable deleting. Finally I just deleted all.

Thank all for help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back