Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Connect to server in same workkgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioX

IS-IT--Management
May 15, 2001
US
I have all my servers in the same workgroup. I can see all of them but one. I can ping that machine by IP and by hostname from the same box the BE is on but when I go into BE I cannot see it nore can I make a user definied connection to it. It says cannot connect to network device. I have the remote agent installed and running on the server. This is for BE 8.6 by the way. Any suggestions.

Thanks
Ron

Check the user account and password you are using to connect to the second server.

Are is the server you are having connection problems with
W2k?

Is the problem machine conected somewhere using VPN? That would make the machine invisible to the rest of your network. BE uses only TCP/IP. If you have another protocol, like NetBUI installed, you may see the machine from the rest of your network, but BE would still be unable to connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back