Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot connect to pcAnywhere host

Status
Not open for further replies.

lingle123

Technical User
Apr 27, 2004
US
Cannot connect to the pcanywhere host that is part of a 10 pc pier to pier network using a Linksys router. I asked if the router had been port forwarded with ports 5631 and 5632 to the host IP, which it has. According to the service provider, it seemed as if the remote pc could not get through the existing IPs on the router to get to the host. Is there anything special that needs to be done on a pier to pier system. Only one of the 10 pcs is the host for pcAnywhere. The way it was explained to me was that the IP addresses on the router were blocking the remote pc from pinging in. I had the host computer's settings checked and all seemed fine. I am trying to find some answers for my friend. This is his set up, so I do not have quick access to his system. I was hoping someone could give me a rundown on how to set up the router for pcAnywhere on a pier to pier network using Win.NT and DSl

Why use pcanywhere on a pier to pier network? Try VNC. It is freeware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back